Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finishing pool before or after winter

Posted by Louise357 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 15:59

I am in the process of installing a concrete pool in Brooklyn. The concrete shell is in, bluestone coping installed, track for cover and electrical and pool equipment is in. The tile border is in.
What remains to be done is the pebbletech, fill and cover.
I do hope to use the heated pool into the Fall, (planning to keep the dark cover closed most of the time) but not through the winter.
SInce that period of time is almost over for this year, would it be better to finish the pool , but not fill til Spring and therefor save heating costs ? Would there be any adverse effects tot the pebbletech ? or Would it be better to do the pebbeltech in the Spring as well ?
I would appreciate any expertise and advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finishing pool before or after winter

Wait until next spring. You can do the PebbleTech in early April and when ready, start heating then. Nights in NY metro area will make it too expensive to keep pool warm enough. In the spring it's easier. We had ours dug, gunite shot, copings, tiled in Dec, and then finished in March/April. We are in Northern NJ.
 photo CIMG2396.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here