Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris 280 v 360

Posted by hilemandale (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 15:51

For the longest time the latter cost a whole lot more than the former but recently they're at the same price. Can anyone in the know advise the difference between the two (besides the appearance of the bag assembly)

Also are the two bag assemblies directly interchangeable

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris 280 v 360

Dale, I have missed your posts

o

No, the bags and the insides are very different. There are only a few parts that are interchangeable.

Scott

o

The 360 also uses a high volume, low pressure feed off a pool pump while a 280 needs a booster.

Scott

o

"There are only a few parts that are interchangeable."

Thanks Scott but how about the base; that is, with some effort of course could I interchange the fabric part

By the way how does one ask for email notification every reply

o

"Dale, I have missed your posts"

Why thank you Goy, it's not everyday one gets a note of encouragement in this convoluted parti pris of insensate hermeneutic recrudescence

o

"The 360 also uses a high volume, low pressure feed off a pool pump while a 280 needs a booster."

I think you're wrong there Scott, my 360 uses a booster

Incidentally in GW how do you render a message into a quote box

o

"By the way how does one ask for email notification every reply"

Cancel that Scott, I see I can get the entire reply if I check that box below

But how do I edit my submitted message, I don't see an "edit" link

o

No editing, unless you want to email GW and tell them what to change. I had to email GW to find out myself.

o

Any Polaris cleaner followed by an "80" (180,280,380)
all require a booster pump.
The Polaris 360 works off of the main pool circulation pump pressure and does not require a booster pump.
Both units..the 360 and the 280 are usually the same price, but a booster pump would also be required with the 280.

o

And Dale, please refrain for fifty cent adjectives. You often get them wrong.

Because the inside mechanisms are so different, the mount points are also different inside.

A Polaris 360 should not have a booster. It will experience a significantly lower head loss and shorten its life significantly. The booster doesn't push more water, it increases the pressure of the flow, usually about 12 GPM.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here