Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool plaster - advice???

Posted by friendswoodnewbie (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 8, 10 at 15:12

This forum is great when you are looking for advice on building a new pool as we are. We really appreciate all the knowledge that people share in here.
We are looking at using Wet Edge or Stonescapes for the plaster but I have seen many people talking well about the PebbleSheen. Does anybody know if these are equivalent? Any pros and cons that you can share? We would like a surface that is not too rough on the feet of our kids.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool plaster - advice???

Hi, while I am by no means an expert, I have been researching a lot too and believe that wet edge is a company that was started by former pebble tec employees. they do warranty their finish for a long time (maybe lifetime?). I don't recall reading anything about texture so I can't help you there. The wet edge pricing seems to be comparable to pebble sheen (as opposed to the tec which is less expensive) so that may be a clue. Good luck!

o
RE: Pool plaster - advice???

I finished my pool in June and we chose to use WetEdge. (Pearl Matrix) We love it and don't have any regrets. Our 6 year old daughter has not had one scratch.

I'm located in League City, so if you would like to stop by and feel/see what it looks like feel free!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here