Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EasyTouch Wireless - Turn Valves??

Posted by poolinar (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 14:57

I have an EasyTouch 8 with a wireless 8 function remote. I have two valve actuators - One controlls the water coming into the pump (either from the wall drains, or the skimmers and floor drain). The other actuator controls where the water goes out (either through the jets, or through the fountains).

The only way that I've been able to activate the valves is by pressing the V (valves) button on the EasyTouch control panel, and pressing it turns one or both actuators.

I do not have this V button on my wireless remote. What I would like to do is set up one of my AUX buttons for each of the two actuators. In other words, by pressing AUX-4 on the remote, I'd like to be able to switch the water output from the jets to the fountains or vice-versa.

I haven't been able to find a way to set this up. Is it possible? Do they need to be wired differently?

PS - I have no spa - pool body only.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EasyTouch Wireless - Turn Valves??

Do you have a pic of the pool equipment and how everthing is plumbed?

Most likely it will just have to be programmed.

Easy touch has Feature controls that have to be turned on and programmed into the remote for more functionality.

o

Sure....

This is the actuator that I would like to be able to turn with the wireless remote to switch between the 3 fountians or the pool inlets...

o

First, I assume you dont have a spa.
If not then your two actuators are currently plugged into the "suction" and "return" plugs on the board.
You want to plug them into "A" and "B"
Then go into "settings" and set names for each.
Unless you already have names assigned that you want to use for each.

If not then you will name them on the feature cir screen, or if you have unused main cir then you can put them there.

Then go into "valves" and assign "A" matching name, and assign "B" matching name.
Then you can set flow assignments to each if that is what you want to do.
Hope all that makes sense.
If there is something specific you are trying to achieve and this doesnt make sense then let us know what that specific thing is and I can walk you through it.
If not ask more questions.

OT, but does anyone else feel like they are being given the bird when they look at the Pentair antenna.
Maybe I am just paranoid because of the way I drive:)

o

Thanks, yes that kind of makes sense. I have no spa, so my suspicion was that there was an alternate wiring. I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know.

Good point on the antenna - hadn't thought of that, but that's all I will think of now! :)

o

After moving them into A and B, I can now do exactly wanted I wanted and expected to be able to do. I appreciate the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here