Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlll

Waterworld any new reviews? Also, ? subcontracting?

sandlll
14 years ago

I just stumbled upon Waterworlds website. I like the fiberglass pools they have with the 8' depth and seating in the deep end. I haven't seen this with Viking, unless I missed it or with other fiberglass pools. But, if we went with Waterworld, they will put the pool in, but we must find someone to excavate, do the electrical and then the concrete. Is it easy enough to coordinate those things? We have a Viking installer close, who would do it all (easier), but no seats in the deep (8') end which I REALLY want :-)

Comments (8)

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Waterworld makes crap IMHO. The are pretty thin and difficult to set because they flex more than many others. They like seeing others dig because it absolves them of much of the responsibility that a warranty requires.

The Viking is a Lexus and the Waterworld is a 1972 Chevy Vega. While Viking has had past spams on this forum and were rightly smacked for it, they do build a tough as nails shell. The installers they allow to sell their product are usually much better than most others I've seen.

Viking has at least 2 Diving pools I know of.

F/G pools that allow diving in general won't have a seat in the deep end. They aren't wide enough.

Scott

• njfolks
    14 years ago

Before going with shotcrete I had considered fiberglass pools as an option. Here's what I suggest if you are interested in long-term durability--ask for a core sample from the manufacturer (the hole they cut out for skimmers, lights, returns, etc. and compare them. You'll find big differences from one to another. I found what I believe to be the best manufacturer and there is a dealer for them in NJ, but I decided to go in a different way for multiple reasons. Check out the pros and cons in general of each type of pool (vinyl, concrete, fiberglass) to make sure it is right for your situation. Then get an experienced installer who isn't a jerk. Some better companies have bad reps--some with territories in your area (NJ, I'm guessing because of the Waterworlds mention), but you can get around that. BTW--Waterworlds products were not at the top of my ranking. Also, while it seems great, someone is always going to want to jump in at the deep end and a bench there then becomes an underwater hazzard. Ditto, Scott on both accounts IMHO.

Search this forum for additional information on fiberglass pools.

• beatducks
    14 years ago

We had a waterworld pool and I was very unhappy with it. We had cracks in the gel coat almost immediately. The following year we had dime size bubbles within the coat. We found out this was "normal" for fiberglass pools. We had contractors provided by water worls that were a fther and son team one was john and the other was john john and all they did was fight! They ask for cash only and want 50% up front - I would go with other dealers or other than fiberglass in my opinion.

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

The blistering is NOT normal for fiberglass pools. It's usually just poor workmanship that causes it.

Beware of any contractor that doesn't take at least Visa/Mastercard, money orders, bank checks, or personal checks with a wait to clear.

Get verification of liability insurance sent to you from the contractor's agent. My agent will fax, mail, or email it within 24 hrs to whoever I ask them to.

Scott

• sandlll
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks! I think we are too leery about them being too far away anyways. THey will install the pool and then leave, no waiting to see if it settles properly etc... I will stick with Viking!

• kamacdaddy
    14 years ago

After all of my research I am pretty set on Leisure Pools...they make a really nice fiberglass pool. I was looking at Leisure, Triology, Viking and San Juan.

• Trinimom
    10 years ago

Do not trust these people with your money. They are dishonest, disorganized and disrespectful. The worst part is, it comes from the top. After countless delays, and damage to my property, Don the owner of Waterworld pools repeatedly swore at me in front of my family. Even if they tell you it's a turn key install, everything is subbed out. Don came to our house to collect his deposit and we never saw him again throughout the project. Though the work men are great, they are limited by poor management and unfair working conditions. When we started this project Waterworld pools had an A rating from BBB, now it's an F. It truly has been a mistake choosing them to build our pool.

Here is a link that might be useful: ABC report on Waterworld pools

• lorianton
    10 years ago

BEWARE!! We had our money stolen from Don himself! He took our deposit in July of 2013 and never delivered.....NOTHING!!!!! We wish we would have done more research on this company. If you ask me he is a thief and should spend time in jail!! BEWARE!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler