Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing Polaris 380 sweep

Posted by dalehileman (dalehileman@verizon.net) on
Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 13:50

I'd like to find a sweep like the one I owned years ago, replacing it with a Polaris 380

The 380, powered by the same booster, has a swishing tail with rings that scrape away deposits and reduce larger particles which are eventually carried away to our sand filter by recirculation as well as boasting upward directed jets that suck lighter particles into a bag at its top

However my predecessor had bestowed upon us a similar sweep with tail but no bag and having used it for a couple of years before replacing it with the 380 I found it perfectly satisfactory except for the occasional larger chunk which I swept up manually

However the 380 has two distinct disadvantages: (1) the bag wears out quickly and costs $33 to replace and (2) its path isn't sufficiently random so every day it leaves a large patch unswept, requiring me regularly to pull it up and change the potion of its rear jet so as to alter its habit

But in our previous sweep without bag the rear jet was mechanized to slowly rotate thereby ensuring a more random habit. So if I could find one of the latter construction in spite of lacking the bag it might replace my 380 so I'd be much indebted if anyone could provide a link to such a product--thanks most kindly all for your interest and patience

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing Polaris 380 sweep

Forgive me but I failed to mention whyI had switched: The original sweep, which I would like to have kept forever, was discontinued so I'm hoping it might be available under another name or some other firm might make a similar product

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here