Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question identification thread subscription

Posted by dalehileman (dalehileman@verizon.net) on
Mon, Oct 25, 10 at 13:27

Forgive an amateur at ll this but the order and highlighting of thread titles escape me. How do you instantly identify threads which you have started or to which you are subscribed, I can't find the link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question identification thread subscription

Dale,

My browser lists the threads as new links when someone posts. Sometimes though, I click on the thread, thinking some else posted something, and see that I was the last poster.

Scott

o

Thank you Guy for that reply while I apologize profusely for my sometime inadequacies of clarity and misplaced expectations. What puzzles me is the apparent lack of links found in most other board forums such as "New posts," "View active threads," "Your posts," "View all subscribed threads," "Unsubscribe," "Unanswered posts," "User CP," "Quick links," etc etc etc as well as the system behind the title listings such as their order and the logic behind highlighting

Again forgive me for my incompetence in the field of The Algorithm but thank you for your kind attention to my query

o

Dale, This forum is just using a much older software that doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the newer forums have. The order of the title listings is based on the date of the most recent post made in that thread. If you look down through the last post dates, you will see they are in descending order, so the threads with new replies move to the top of the list. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here