Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hayward equipment

Posted by shorelinedesign (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 11:05

It is time for me to finalize the pool equipment for our new pool. I had decided on everything but then my pb came to me and said that Hayward was giving him incentives to use all Hayward Products (which at least he was honest) but also by doing so they would extend the warranty to a 3 year warranty which he thought was excellent. Has anyone had any dealings with the following:
HAYWARD ECOSTAR VARIABLE SPEED PUMP 3HP
HAYWARD H SERIES GAS HEATERS
HEAT/COOL HEAT PUMPS HEAT PRO
AQUA PLUS 8 RELAY SALT and AUTOMATION
Thank you for any input you may have!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hayward equipment

I am not a big Hayward fan.

Pentair, Jandy, and Hayward all offer extended warranties when a pump, filter, and other like branded gear is purchased. This isn't something new.

IMHO, Pentair/Sta-Rite is better engineered and less likely to fail over the long haul, not just through the warranty period.

Scott

o

Just put in a Hayward H series 400K btu heater. Works great! Heats a lot faster than the old Laars LX, but that was 10 years old. Can't comment on the other stuff.

o

I don`t want to hijack a post, however, I just installed a Hayward H400 heater on our In ground pool, it is brand new, it will start and shut down, (I got it to run once and stay running) I checked the flow switch, thermostat etc. bypassed and jumper to test all controls, all that is good, I thought I`d check the gas pressure inlet and manifold, I am in the heating/ac trade and got out my manometer and measure the gas in and the manifold "wc, it states that inlet should be 4.5"- 9.5" wc, I have 6.0"wc (good), the manifold pressure states 2.0-2.8 " wc, I have 1.2" (Not Good), I tried adjusting the diaphragm and it did not move the ?
"wc at all either way, I move it slowly, I have done this on furnaces a few times in the field) it did not move it, I am thinking the valve is bad ?, thoughts ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here