Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shorelinedesign_gw

spa spillway issue

shorelinedesign
12 years ago

I am current having a custom spa built and have run into a spillway issue during construction and can't decide how to resolve it. Pool builder is giving suggestions that are fitting the bill but is willing to hear any suggestions I may have. The spa is 9 foot in diameter from outside to outside and it is round. The shot crete is in place and was formed with the idea that the spa would sit on coping edge so that it looked as if coping ran continuously around pool edge. The spa was formed a allow a stone finish (4") thick and now that is going to be a split face travertine (1 1/4") thick instead. This means the spillway is going to drop down right onto the coping instead of in the pool (unless we put a very deep piece of travertine to extend the water out into the pool (which I think might look like a silly diving board - and I do have kids that would try and stand on it to use it as one). The pool builder mentioned a scupper so that the water would have sides to fall into. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED! We are desperately trying to keep the integrity of the ROUND spa without adding too much but don't know what to do.

THANKS!!!

Comments (2)