Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crystal Foam Jet Advice Please

Posted by pooljewel_2010 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 10:47

We have one Crystal foam jet that is spinning out of control. It is below the suggested water level stated by Crystal Fountains. They say 5" or less and we are currently at 6 1/2" on the tanning ledge where the jets are. The other one seems to be operating ok with the same water level. PB says they have placed them in 7" or more and never had a problem. They have tried to blow out the line to clear any debris and that did not help either. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crystal Foam Jet Advice Please

I hate to break the news to you but someone must.
These water features like very shallow water.
I place mine at 7" below the gunite beam in 4" of water because of the wave oscillation.
They aren't clogged and they won't get better, your second one is probably to close and causing water oscillation (wave action) which will cause them to do what your experiencing.
Try dropping the water level of your pool an inch and a half to two and see if it improves. I'll bet the problematic foam jet will start working fine.
I experienced the same problem about 8 years ago with a 6" water depth and had to have the sunshelf raised 2" by my gunite contractor. Thankfully the finish was PebbleTec and the pool finish replaster was perfect.

I'm curious, did the pool builder place the fiber optic illuminated foam jets in your pool?
They're WICKED beautiful at night with the illuminator on.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

See ya,
Kelly

o
RE: Crystal Foam Jet Advice Please

Thanks for the input. No, they are not the fiber optic, but I saw those on the Crystal Fountain website and they are awesome. PB did lower the water level so only 4" was on the foam jet and the problem was the same. The two jets are about 6-7ft apart. However, the spa spillover is right between the two so maybe that wave action is creating the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here