Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pool cover

Posted by greif (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 10:36

hi

do I really need to cover pool for winter?

we had a cover on but got hit with 75mph wind storm took care of it.....

I would put in a tube/ pillow for ice to build on.

no trees or anything around to get in it.

wife is worried it will be damaged if we do not put cover on... fade liner.... don't know what else.

we are in wisconsin so cold etc.

thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pool cover

Just posted about new cover for me. I have had a pool for 18 years(NC) and never covered it. I have gone to salt so the liner should last longer. I guess I wanted to keep down he UV during the winter, and be able to shut the whole thing down for the season. Does Wisconsin have any daylight in the winter? LOL

o

it sure seems like we do not have any light but it's not alaska

about 7 hours on dec 23rd

o

We live in the Mojave Desert Greif but we don't use a winter cover so that we can more easily assess the condition of the water or more quickly spot a larger animal having otherwise slipped in at the edge

We drown a few more lizards and many more insects however, leaving us feeling somewhat guilty

Nonetheless of course inadequate fencing might council a safety cover

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here