Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concerns over asking PB to use specific brand equipment?

Posted by jjsmommy (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 9:52

What are the concerns if a PB normally uses Hayward equipment to have them install Pentair? Is the installation comparable? Should one utilize the PB preferred equipment? The PB that I am leaning towards uses Hayward equipment but is willing to install Pentair. From reading on the forum, I prefer Pentair and believe that Pentair equipment is superior over Hayward.

Thank you for any advice you may have!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concerns over asking PB to use specific brand equipment?

I've been in the business of pool construction for all my working life.
I'm not going to knock Hayward equipment, but I'd take Pentair over Hayward any day of the week.
There's nothing wrong with his preferred Mfg's equipment. He just wants you to use his because of his dealer agreement. A purchase of an equipment set from another Mfg nets him no year end incentives such as rebates etc...
Just let him know that you'd prefer to use the Mfg of your choice. He already told you he'd do it and should have no problems doing it.
Congrats on moving forward on your new pool.

See ya,
Kelly

o

Thank you Kelly! Do you build out in Katy? I've tried to call your office but have had no luck. Thanks!

This post was edited by jjsmommy on Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 22:25

o

I also have a question regarding our similar situation...

Our PB wants to use Jandy equipment since they are the largest Jandy dealer and have clout with Jandy for warranty issues. My PB said he would get us Pentair but warranty problems- we would be like any other person. What to do? We are using the salt system.

o

Kelly is right...a PB can use any manufacturer's products, but their costs may be calculated based on the volume pricing they get. I use Pentair, because I like the innovative products and the service I get. I personally have not gone with Jandy (Zodiac) over service and pricing issues and I left Hayward for the same reason. If you are concerned about Pentair warranty, rest assured they are the best out there. Pentair has a 3 yr warranty on equipment and a stellar warranty department run out of Houston. They have local service companies that are good and fast. They will never make you take in a piece of equipment for service. They always come to the pool site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here