Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Covers with Water Feature

Posted by mbogan (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 9:06

Earlier this summer we had a very nice rock water fall added to our existing in-ground pool. After the pool company completed the water feature they took our solid pool cover (by Anchor Industries) to be adjusted.

They recently closed our pool and anf put the cover on. Basically the drilled 4 new anchors in to the water fall on all sides. Now the straps basically go halfway over the waterfall pulling the cover up about 1 foot from the pools edge. There is a gap about 8 inches exposing the pool directly in front. It doesnt seem to safe anymore, nor will it prevent debris from getting in top teh pool (ie. rain, snow, leaves, etc..)

Can anyone provide comments / pictures of their Solid Pool cover going around a water feature? How is this gap traditionally covered?

It doesnt seem correct and I just received a bill for $550 for the alterations.

Thanks
Matt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Covers with Water Feature

IIRC the According to ASTM standards, you should not be able to push a 4" ball under the cover for it to be in compliance.

I am too lazy to look it up, but I guarantee you if you call whomever makes the cover, they will be able to quote the astm code verbatim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here