Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water Line Tiles Popping Off

Posted by concretehole (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 8:45

I went out to my pool yesterday and noticed about 8 water line tiles in a row that the bottom have popped up on. I am guessing that I will need to drop the water, take the tiles out, clean the area and re-tile. I have been told to use marine epoxy and grout instead of thinset. Where do I get something like this? Does anyone have experience like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water Line Tiles Popping Off

Use grout and thinset. If applied right it will works as well, and look better than the marine epoxy.

o

quote" Use grout and thinset. If applied right it will works as well, and look better than the marine epoxy. "quote

I'll second Racket's reply to the question.

I've done it this way all my life, and it's the proper way to perform the repair.

See ya,
Kelly

o

Just make sure there are not cracks in the tile bedding behind the tiles. X3 on the thinset. If you want to do some more add latex additive to the thinset.

o

Is X3 a brand or additive. Where would I purchase this product?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here