Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cakelady_2010

Construction questions. Feedback please

cakelady_2010
13 years ago

1. We have had water standing in the pool since following our gunite in the first week of August. At first it was just a few inches. Though following an inch of rain in August and 4 inches of rain the first week of September our pool filled with several feet of water. The spa stayed filled with just 5 inches of rainwater. We had rainwater from the yard fill against the outside of the pool where the large hole was made during our dig. Will this water that is now slowly starting to evaporate in the pool cause any problems during our plaster? The large hole was filled with sand 3 weeks ago. I think there is a good chance ground water may seep back to the pool after pumping it out.

2. The depth of our trenches has been questioned here during my initial posting during construction. It looks like the backwash line will be the most exposed. Besides being at risk for damage by the lawn mower, has anyone in Houston had a problem with freezing issues with their buried plumbing?

3. I noticed a very sandy layer under the gunite around our bubblers. Also towards the back of the 2nd step there is a sandy area where you can brush off a thin area of gunite. Is this something to worry about? Will it be an issue with plastering?

Thank you in advance. I have learned so much from all of you!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket album

Comments (4)