Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool tiles

Posted by jenspence (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 23:48

I am in need of a beautiful tile for my new pool! I need 6" waterline tiles and also 1x1 inch tiles for my rolled beam spa. We have Oklahoma flagstone coping, chopped hacket stacked stone and blue granite plaster choices made so far. I can't decide on my tiles! Please help! If you LOVE your tile choices, I would appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool tiles

Mine's still being built but I love my tile. It's Vulcano from Noble tile. I have Oklahoma Wister flagstone coping and stacked stone.

o

Mine's still being built but I love my tile. It's Vulcano from Noble tile. I have Oklahoma Wister flagstone coping and stacked stone.

o

Here is a pic of our 6" tile. Pool is still in progress as well. We have Oklahoma flagstone coping as well and San Sablo stone on the water feature wall.

o

I like those! Pmsmith96 what is the name of the tile, if you don't mind? Cbink, I like the Vulcano as well. I am also considering one called Vanatu Blue from Noble tile. Has anyone ever used this one? I would love to actually see it on a pool.

o

Thanks! The tile is called Ocean Blue. Good luck with your project!

o

Cbink and Pmsmith96....what plaster are you each going with? Also, Pmsmith96...who is the manufacturer of the Ocean Blue? Thank you so much!

o

I'm going with WetEdge Pearl Matrix Chilean Beach Tahoe. It was a toss up for us between that and Caribbean. Our pool builder took us to pools with each color we were interested in which really helped us. It's so hard to decide from a catalogue or tiny samples. Due to get plaster in 8 days.

o

We are going with Curacoa Night by Quartz Brite. I'll check with the superintendent tomorrow about the manufacturer of the tile and post back then.

o

Mine is NPT brand - Aztec Ash Nero

o

Mine is NPT brand - Aztec Ash Nero

o

That is very nice! Thank you!

Has anyone used Nile Blue by Noble? I like that one too, but haven't seen it on a pool yet.

o

@jenspence! So sorry it took me so long to get back to you! The Blue Ocean tile is made by Stone Venture out of Dallas. We are really happy with it! I wish you the best of luck with your decisions. I know how stressful it can be but it will all come together beautifully I'm sure!

o

Thank you Pmsmith96! I will pull that sample as well:-)!

o
Why do I have to use special pool tiles?

Can someone please explain why I can't use regular ceramic tiles for my salt water pool? I have an historic home and it really demands a more authentically early California looking tile. At least some of the tiles will need to have a pattern like you would typically see in 1920's/30's Spanish homes. I know where I can buy these ceramic tiles retail, but our pool consultant tells me I have to buy tiles designated for pools.

On a related note, I'd really like to use terracotta coping. I realize this is a big no-no. That said, I do plan on using about five coats of Akemi Nano sealant, which is the stone sealer of all sealers -- at least, to the best of my knowledge. That said, if anyone knows of a coping or stone that looks and feels like terracotta and doesn't look/feel fake or man made, please do let me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here