Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenspencer001

Pool tiles

jenspence
10 years ago

I am in need of a beautiful tile for my new pool! I need 6" waterline tiles and also 1x1 inch tiles for my rolled beam spa. We have Oklahoma flagstone coping, chopped hacket stacked stone and blue granite plaster choices made so far. I can't decide on my tiles! Please help! If you LOVE your tile choices, I would appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Comments (14)

• Chris
    10 years ago

Mine's still being built but I love my tile. It's Vulcano from Noble tile. I have Oklahoma Wister flagstone coping and stacked stone.

• Chris
    10 years ago

Mine's still being built but I love my tile. It's Vulcano from Noble tile. I have Oklahoma Wister flagstone coping and stacked stone.

{{!gwi}}

• Miranda Smith
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of our 6" tile. Pool is still in progress as well. We have Oklahoma flagstone coping as well and San Sablo stone on the water feature wall.

• jenspence
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like those! Pmsmith96 what is the name of the tile, if you don't mind? Cbink, I like the Vulcano as well. I am also considering one called Vanatu Blue from Noble tile. Has anyone ever used this one? I would love to actually see it on a pool.

• Miranda Smith
    10 years ago

Thanks! The tile is called Ocean Blue. Good luck with your project!

• jenspence
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cbink and Pmsmith96....what plaster are you each going with? Also, Pmsmith96...who is the manufacturer of the Ocean Blue? Thank you so much!

• Chris
    10 years ago

I'm going with WetEdge Pearl Matrix Chilean Beach Tahoe. It was a toss up for us between that and Caribbean. Our pool builder took us to pools with each color we were interested in which really helped us. It's so hard to decide from a catalogue or tiny samples. Due to get plaster in 8 days.

• Miranda Smith
    10 years ago

We are going with Curacoa Night by Quartz Brite. I'll check with the superintendent tomorrow about the manufacturer of the tile and post back then.

• Stefv1
    10 years ago

Mine is NPT brand - Aztec Ash Nero

• Stefv1
    10 years ago

Mine is NPT brand - Aztec Ash Nero

• jenspence
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is very nice! Thank you!

Has anyone used Nile Blue by Noble? I like that one too, but haven't seen it on a pool yet.

• jenspence
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Pmsmith96! I will pull that sample as well:-)!

• zagyzebra
    9 years ago

Can someone please explain why I can't use regular ceramic tiles for my salt water pool? I have an historic home and it really demands a more authentically early California looking tile. At least some of the tiles will need to have a pattern like you would typically see in 1920's/30's Spanish homes. I know where I can buy these ceramic tiles retail, but our pool consultant tells me I have to buy tiles designated for pools.

On a related note, I'd really like to use terracotta coping. I realize this is a big no-no. That said, I do plan on using about five coats of Akemi Nano sealant, which is the stone sealer of all sealers -- at least, to the best of my knowledge. That said, if anyone knows of a coping or stone that looks and feels like terracotta and doesn't look/feel fake or man made, please do let me know.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!