Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Equipment Jandy vs Pentair

Posted by marblepool (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 23:46

Hello,

Here is a question for pool equipment experts:
We have to quotes for pool equipment and I don't know if one brand is superior.Please let me know what you think about the quality of the equipment and the pricing (incl. installation):

1.Pentair (PA) VS3050 Pump ($1,500), PA 420sqft filter ($975), PA Easy touch 4 with wireless remote ($1,650), PA Heater 400,000 BTU ($2,800) - TOTAL Package $6,925

2. Jandy ePump variable speed pump, Jandy 460 filter (CV and CL series cartridge filters), Jandy Legacy Heater 300,000 BTU, PDA pool and spa controller (remote), free Jandy water color LED light and free fusion - TOTAL package price $6,900

What do you guys think? We are located in CA...

Thank you very much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Equipment Jandy vs Pentair

nothing is free...also it isn'a apples/apples with 300k heater vs. 400k heater. Most on this forum use Pentair or Hayward. In my opinion you won't find a majority of responses all leading you to one brand over another as they all have plusses and minuses so I would go with a person/builder/repair service you trust and get the equipment they are comfortable with.

o

I don't like Jandy heaters, none of them. Fusion is pure hype.

The motor for both pumps is the same but the controller for the Jandy limits it to 2 HP while the Pentair allows 3 HP. Plumbing wise, they both allow the same flow to go through but the Pentair normally is set to run at a slower speed and with it's larger impeller, uses less power.

As runkatytx said, nothing is free.

Is there a light from the Pentair gear equipped PB?

How big is the pool?

Who are you more comfortable with? Which PB has a better reputation and references?

Scott

o

The VS 3050 is an older pump while the VS 011018 has more features and it is currently priced close to the VS 3050 so I would request that pump instead. Just don't let the PB charge any more.

o

Have had the entire jandy package installed for 7 years now. Mostly been very reliable with exception on the chlorine generator. Numerous sensor failures and jandy (zodiac now) wouldn't even acknowledge an issue let alone replace defective parts. 6 years= 2 complete aquapure 1400 systems + 2 additional sensors!

Not sure if other companies are any better but jandy didn't seem to be doing anything to generate customer loyality.

Heater and other equipment has been very good. Might consider using the new iPad software/controller as very convenient

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here