Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pmsmith96

Finally almost ready to swim!

Miranda Smith
10 years ago

I just wanted to share the split screen of pool fill day and then after acid was put in the water and 1 brushing! Wow what a difference! They did an acid wash prior to filling the pool with water, but today was the reveal so to speak! Really excited to see the finished product after 5 days of brushing!

Comments (7)

• Miranda Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more....

• Miranda Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, last one! Lol!

• piaa
    10 years ago

Fabulous - do you mind sharing what product you used

Piaa

• Miranda Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's Quartz Brite Curaçao Night. We are thrilled with the richness of the color. It has the most beautiful gold flecks in it that we didn't even expect! Right now we're in the acid bath stage and brushing like crazy.

• piaa
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful :)

Unfortunately I can only use DiamondBrite as that is all that is available to me in the Caribbean :(

I do have a question for you (as I am new to all things pool) why do people acid wash and brush ?? Do you do that with every finish product (will I do that with DiamondBrite) - thanks in advance if you know the answer - I might just start a new thread :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos

Piaa

• piaa
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful :)

Unfortunately I can only use DiamondBrite as that is all that is available to me in the Caribbean :(

I do have a question for you (as I am new to all things pool) why do people acid wash and brush ?? Do you do that with every finish product (will I do that with DiamondBrite) - thanks in advance if you know the answer - I might just start a new thread :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos

Piaa

• Miranda Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Piaa, I too am very new to all things pool related as this is our first! Hopefully some pros will chime in with input! If you look at the first picture I posted (the split screen) you'll see the incredible amount of plaster dust that builds up on the surface. Our PB did an acid wash first. And the finish was beautiful after it was done. It went from the streaky mottled finish to a more even gray and the gold flecks and dark blue quartz were exposed! After we filled the pool with water, they came back and dumped 8 gallons of acid in and the PB began to show us how to brush the QuartzBrite finish. It was amazing! The layers of white dust just brushed right into the water! And well, you can see the difference after just that one brushing! We brush 3 to 4 times a day. We don't see the enormous amount of dust each time we brush, like we did the first time, but the idea is to expose the beautiful finish and let the filter remove all the dust from the water. He said if the dust particles adhere to the finish it will be rough and uncomfortable on your feet. Not to mention hide the pretty quartz that you're paying for! It's a labor of love and so rewarding! I think you have to do the acid bath and brushing with any quartz or plaster finish. I don't think you have to do this with pebble finishes. I hope if anything I'm saying is incorrect someone can correct my information!