Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erikamc_gw

Pool Decking in MA--help!!!

erikamc
10 years ago

I'm currently researching pool decking and have come across some pseudo-flagstone looking concrete pavers that I really like. However, I have two concerns: (1) how hot do concrete pavers get?; and (2) if I go with a salt water pool, will the salt damage the pavers? Currently I'm considering Aberdeen by Unilock or Dimensional Flagstone by Rosetta Stone.

I have ruled out bluestone, aggregate concrete, stamped concrete, brushed concrete. Any and all thoughts are welcome!

Comments (4)

• cambridgefarms
    10 years ago

We used techo bloc, blu 60, which is another concrete paver system. It does get hot but only on the days when there are no clouds at all, which at least in the boston area doesn't happen all that frequently. Our pool gets about 8 hours of direct sun in midsummer. Overall, I think the aesthetics of the concrete pavers outweighs the heat issue.

We also have a salt pool and have not had any issues with the concrete pavers. I think the issue with salt is unsealed natural rock.

• kathybeachgirl
    8 years ago

In the hot summer days with the sun blazing down on the Blu 60 slate paver (which happens often) is it too hot to walk barefoot?

• PRO
    Precision Pool Construction
    8 years ago

We find with the Blu 60 it depends on the color. Oceania seems to get very hot, shale is ok.

• kathybeachgirl
    8 years ago

Thank you. Would you know if Champlain Gray and Harvest Gold would become too hot to walk on barefoot in the summer?