Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adhesive for Spider Gasket

Posted by gogators93 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 16:07

I just bought a multiport valve kit to replace my spider gasket in my multiport valve. In the instructions, it says to use Loctite 401, 403 or 416 to adhere the gasket.

Does anyone know of a local store that carries any of these like lowes or home depot?

If not, is there something else I can use that I can obtain locally that will work just as well?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adhesive for Spider Gasket

I usually use a thin bead of GE clear silicone, Kitchen and Bath.

Scott

o

Thanks. That is easy to get if I can't find these.

o

Home depot sells a loctite product in the section with the glue, and epoxy.

I cant recall the name, but its in a small blue metal tube with a black cap.

It works really well. I squirt a little bit onto some cardboard after I'm done so that I know when it's dry.

o

I like to use weather strip adhesive any Auto store will have it. Dry and remove all of the old spoke gasket from the valve and then apply a thin bead on the valve and a thin bead on the back of the new gasket. Wait a few min and then push the gasket into the valve makeing sure you remove any glue that comes over the track for the gasket and then reassemble the top of the valve, You can then turn the pump on just don't change the position of the valve for 24hrs.

Here is a link that might be useful: 3m gasket adhesive

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here