Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
led pool light cost and pebbletec - ma

Posted by alisa77 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 15:50

Hello all!

We are looking to sign a pool contract soon. Our PB says we need only 1 white 500W light in our pool. We would like the Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec and he says one light is fine. We would like the LED color lights instead.

Our pool is a 18x36 1 roman end gunite. We've been quoted $2,000 for 1 Pentair 5G LED color light. The 500W light was previously included in the quote and not as a line item charge. That seems too high and against what others have posted here.

Any insight and negotiation points are helpful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: led pool light cost and pebbletec - ma

If you have an existing pool with a light, you can just change out the lightbulb to an led color changing bulb if. I'm not mistaken.

o

That sounds like a rip off.
The wiring and installation shouldn't cost any more than any other light, and here they are on Amazon.com for under $600.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pentair color light

o

We have dark pebble color (midnight blue) and have one 500w light and it is fine. Ours is 40 x 25 lagoon shaped, 3' - 8', just built this spring.

Your story is exactly what our builder indicated as well, also in MA. Andrews pools?

o

I bought my intellibrite on ebay for $177 and my poolbuilder replaced it for free. It seem like your PB is overcharging you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here