Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beware of Aiken Pool and Spa in South Carolina

Posted by foodeefish (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 11 at 15:43

If you do business with Aiken Pool and Spa in Aiken South Carolina, GET IT IN WRITING. The owner Ronnie will low ball a price so you get your family excited to buying from him. Then when you go in to sign the contract he syas he no longer will honor the price he stated and asks for $1500 more to buy the Hot Tub.

If the owner of the business lies, I can only imagine why he is losing his Sundance Franchise.

Don't buy from this Company

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of Aiken Pool and Spa in South Carolina

Bait and switch.

Imagine if they decided to cut cost on quality.

Check your builders references and look at how long they have been in business. Sigh its too bad the BBB is a pay for good rating service. When I see an ad with BBB award winner I just laugh now.
We could really use a reputable way to check on contractors in this day and age.

Anyone ever use Angie's List ? Any good ?

o
RE: Beware of Aiken Pool and Spa in South Carolina

I used Angie's List and honestly didn't think it was helpful at all. I looked up pretty big pool builders I was interested in using and there were 3-4 reviews. If you look up a smaller business chances are they are not reviewed at all. I also used Kudzu.com and if you search the internet Yahoo has a "place page" and other companies like Yelp.com also have reviews. You can also go to service magic and get many reviews as well for free. I ended up using a smaller company to build my pool but they had some positive reviews and I also called several of their references and got good feedback. Choosing a contractor is always "risky business" I feel like I really did my homework on my pool builder so let's hope they prove to be a good choice. I also went and saw a local pool they just installed and talked to the owner of the pool for over an hour. No sales guy around and I think that was helpful too. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here