Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodeefish

Beware of Aiken Pool and Spa in South Carolina

foodeefish
12 years ago

If you do business with Aiken Pool and Spa in Aiken South Carolina, GET IT IN WRITING. The owner Ronnie will low ball a price so you get your family excited to buying from him. Then when you go in to sign the contract he syas he no longer will honor the price he stated and asks for $1500 more to buy the Hot Tub.

If the owner of the business lies, I can only imagine why he is losing his Sundance Franchise.

Don't buy from this Company

Comments (4)

• goyom
    12 years ago

Bait and switch.

Imagine if they decided to cut cost on quality.

Check your builders references and look at how long they have been in business. Sigh its too bad the BBB is a pay for good rating service. When I see an ad with BBB award winner I just laugh now.
    We could really use a reputable way to check on contractors in this day and age.

Anyone ever use Angie's List ? Any good ?

• cmanley33
    12 years ago

I used Angie's List and honestly didn't think it was helpful at all. I looked up pretty big pool builders I was interested in using and there were 3-4 reviews. If you look up a smaller business chances are they are not reviewed at all. I also used Kudzu.com and if you search the internet Yahoo has a "place page" and other companies like Yelp.com also have reviews. You can also go to service magic and get many reviews as well for free. I ended up using a smaller company to build my pool but they had some positive reviews and I also called several of their references and got good feedback. Choosing a contractor is always "risky business" I feel like I really did my homework on my pool builder so let's hope they prove to be a good choice. I also went and saw a local pool they just installed and talked to the owner of the pool for over an hour. No sales guy around and I think that was helpful too. Good luck.

• gertie163
    7 years ago

That is not true about Aiken pool and spa we have had Ronnie Hines do our pool for over 10 years he put our pool and we have shown many people are Pool he had at the time put in the latest and newest equipment available at the time and we love it to this date my Pool sells itself empties it self vacuums itself all we have to do is give it a brush and emptied a little baskets and put some salt in once in a while

Now it's been 10 years and we might need a new pump over the years we've had to add little items that of either worn out but being 10 years old that comes with the territory we also have a hot tub attached it seats eight people it is beautiful I have enjoyed that pool for over 10 years and if anybody says they are not reputable they're lying we've never had a problem and you get what you pay for he doesn't lowball he came in and needed 600 extra dollars to cover some extra concrete we had done that was that from the bill to the end it was a good relationship and he has a good heart and is very trustworthy all of his people of been good people over the years I would never let anyone else do my pool

• gertie163
    7 years ago

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner