Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stacked stone and flagstone veneeer

Posted by lbphathead19 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 15:33

We are debating between stacke dstone and flagstone veneer on our raised spa walls and the raised bond beam. Anyone have any thoughts on the 2. Will one take moisture better than the other? What other consideratios should I take into account or is it purely aestetics?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stacked stone and flagstone veneeer

They should both endure the weather the same. The stacked stone will be more expensive

o

Flagstone comes in varying density-some softer, some harder-but it is still sandstone. Even with our Oklahoma Taupe (I am sure different yards have different "color" names)", hardness varies from stone to stone.
From a pure aesthetics perspective, vertical walls always look better with a stacked look than laying the stone flat.

I would seal the stone, regardless of what type it is.

o

This is a pic of our flagstone walls to give you an idea.

o

and another view

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here