Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salted or not?

Posted by kathmandu (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 15:26

Originally we were convinced we wanted a salt system for our pool. Now we are starting to hear of problems with erosion on rock, grout and concrete surfaces around the pool. We've also had PBs tell us we would have to sign a waiver releasing them of any liability if we chose a salt system. It seems 4 or 5 years of salt in a pool is about the time "things" start to happen. What are your thoughts/experiences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salted or not?

You are going to get alot of mixed opinions on here about salt. I personally do not care for them but do install them without a waiver. If my customer insists on having one I educate them on the pros and cons of the system and I do take the precautions that are nessesary. Sealing stone before the salt is put in the pool is one example. I prefer and 320 erosion feeder to any other form of sanitation.

Good luck,

David

o

Our salt pool is going on almost four years, love it. We have soft flagstone, no problems so far. Clean the cell every six weeks or so, easy. Water feels great. They say cell's last about five years, $500.00-$1000.00

o

My pool is 3 years old, with a SWG. No problems with my brick coping nor anything else. In 3 years I have never had to clean the cell, and, yes, I inspect it every season. For some reason, the blades are always absolutely clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here