Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jandy e-Pump programming

Posted by angiedfw (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 15:25

Please help me! :)

We had a very reputable pool builder build our pool this spring and we love it. We had a great experience. However, I have some questions that I would like to get some input on from the board.

Our pool was the first pool that our pb put the Jandy e-pump in. The Jandy rep had to come out and finish installing/programming it because the pb service department didn't know what to do. Ok, someone has to be the guinea pig, right?

We've had no problems with the pool (keeping it clean, chemical levels, etc), but I question whether we have our settings at an optimal level for energy consumption. Also, we had a brief power outage in the neighborhood yesterday (not lightning) and today the programming is messed up. The pump/cleaner did not kick on at its regular time, so I did it manually. After I put the program back on automatic, it went through a whole high speed/cleaner program, even though it wasn't the time for that program. Now, 3 hours later, the program seems to be running (low speed) just fine.

How do I check the program on the PDA? I've looked in Menu>Program>Filter Pump and it shows the program as "On 6:00 Am Off 10:00 am All Days" , which is the time it runs on high speed. I can't seem to find the low speed program. I want to also check at what speeds/levels the pump is working at during those high/low programs.

Sorry about the length of this post, but I would love to have some input from people with experience with this system. Thank you for your time!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jandy e-Pump programming

http://www.jandy-downloads.com/pdfs/PDA_Owners_H0572300D-1.pdf

Page 14.

o
RE: Jandy e-Pump programming

angiedfw....is the time correct on the control system.

I have a PDA system also and the original 9v backup battery in the control box went dead recently. I didn't think much of it until we had a power outage.

Of course, the time on the computer was no longer correct without the backup battery. This was causing everything to come on and shut off at strange times of the day until I realized the time was wrong on the system.

Did the PB install the 9v battery in the control box and if so, is it still good. If your time is OK on the PDA, then this is not the problem.

Sorry, can't help with the e-pump question but thought I would share this little story in case it was as simple as the wrong time on the system.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here