Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pump MFG comparison

Posted by eaglerc2001 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 15:18

I am talking to builders in the DFW area and each has a different pump manufacturer they use. I am wondering about Hayward, as BBB has them as a D+ and a small number of online complaints. The pool will be 15-18k gallons.

Are there brands to stay away from, or to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pump MFG comparison

i have a hayward super 2 pump and never had a problem besides having to replace the motor after 4 years of use,but thats normal with every brand.
i have seen 1 year old pumps from other manufacturers go out .
next time the motor dies i am replacing it with a pentair intelliflo or jandy ePump.

i would go with

1-pentair
2-jandy
3- hayward

o
RE: Pump MFG comparison

What you would need to realize is that EVERY single speed pump put out by a major brand had the same motor and that is one made by AO Smith. You are really not making a major decision when buying a pump. Avoid off brands that are not Hayward, Pentair or Jandy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here