Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heater and pool cover are dead

Posted by corky1_2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 15:05

I have had my pool for seven years. Everything is falling apart.

1. The automatic pool cover has developed cracks and letting water onto the top of the cover which prevents the cover from opening because of the weight.
2. The 3rd heater repair person just told me that my heater needs to be replaced. I have arthritis and cannot swim unless the water is quite warm.
a. What would be a good replacement gas heater? MY pool is 8' X 50" and is 5 feet deep at the deepest point.
b. I have an automatic clorinator which the pool people said tends to eat the heater. I have had the valve fail twice. What would be a better way to chlorinate the pool? A floater will not work because of the cover.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heater and pool cover are dead

In our market 7-10 years is a decent life for both of those pieces of equipment if used frequently.

o
RE: Heater and pool cover are dead

corky, did you mean four feet x fifty inches or fifty feet?

For 50 feet, Ray Pak/Rheem Electronic Ignition and Polymer headers. 400K BTU

For 50 inches, a Ray Pak Versa will suffice.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here