Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor Hot Tub

Posted by dreambuilder (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 14:29

I posted this in the buying a home forum as well, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on buying a pre-existing home with a hot tub inside. We live in northern/very cold climate so it would be nice to use it during the extended winter. That said, safety is a concern for me--it has a cover and is behind sliding doors that can be locked but obviously presents an added hazard. I'm also concerned about the venting, etc...since it is indoors--possible mold condensation, etc...Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor Hot Tub

dreambuilder,
Definitely check for mold and water damage before the purchase. The room it is in should have it's own dehumidifier and should not be attached to the house heating and cooling units. Spas generate tremendous amounts of moisture when in use. If the room is not capable of handling the moisture, you will see water dripping from the fixtures.
In general these rooms are usually poorly planned because they are after thoughts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here