Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plaster Stained by Flagstone Coping

Posted by nygex (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 14:06

Everything has gone great on our pool build but, yesterday, they did the plaster and it rained shortly after. It left stains all around the pool, from the flagstone, on the plaster. I called the pool builder and he assured me they will go away over time but I am not confident that they will. They are also going to be shocking it tonight so maybe I am premature in my concerns. My brother had the same issue, was told the same thing, and his stains are still there a year later. Fortunately, his was small enough that he is not too concerned about it.

Some of the stains flow all the way to the bottom of the pool. I am sure they will ask for their final payment shortly but I am not sure I am going to be willing to pay it if the stains are still present.

Anyone else have this issue and was it resolved? It was just a real bummer coming home and seeing it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here