Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping over pool plumbing...

Posted by fori (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 13:58

I'm planting some small trees near the pool and (surprise!) have a PVC pipe very close to where my tree goes. Does PVC hold up against tree roots? Will the (sometimes) warm pipe do weird things to the plant? The tree is citrus so it's really more of a large shrub and not an aggressive tree like a willow.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping over pool plumbing...

Shouldnt be an issue, I have PVC with sprinkler system and pool with plants galore.

o

Thanks. I managed to move the tree's location a little bit, but I'm sure this isn't going to be the last near miss. :P

o

I have a mountain laurel that broke my PVC water main twice! Took it 18 years and growing 30' tall, but it broke it darned good. The plumber had a really good time fixing it too because I wouldn't let him remove the tree.

o

PLumbers get so snippy when they have to work around trees, don't they? :P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here