Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blower or not

Posted by llama (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 13:16

Our spa will be 7 ft. and have 6 jets. air intake will be 16 ft. from spa. The plumber says to go with a blower, the PB says it is not needed. What does everyone think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blower or not

At 16 feet, it's going to take a little while for the jets to aspirate.

The blower can be added later if needed. Ensure the automation and power, if any is needed, has the capacity.

Scott

o

Scott thanks, do you think the jets will be weak at 16 feet? Will a pump make them stronger? thanks again

o

We have 8 jets on one blower, and 10 on the other. The blowers are about 75' from the spa.

I installed 2 Air Supply Silencer blowers. A 1hp and a 1.5 hp. just-a-pb and racket recommended them as the quietest, and they are very quiet, and they move a lot of air, so thanks for that.

But, I must say we hardly ever turn them on. We have an Intelliflo set at 70 GPM to the 10 jets, and a 1.5 hp whisperflo on the 8 jets. All the jets are Waterway, some rotate, but they are relatively small in flow demand. The point being if you have high velocity thru the jet, you will draw more air.

I plumbed the air to the pad with 2" pipe. And they have check valves, which help a lot to not let the pipes fill with water. Although I would recommend a Hartford loop (sort of an air trap), I wish I had used that.

PS. the blowers are quiet, but not silent. So the further the better.

John

o

Thanks for the info, pb is putting a loop in and 21/2 inch pipe so i'm going to wait and see if we will need a blower

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here