Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bennett2012

Choosing Spraydeck Colors

Bennett2012
11 years ago

We are in the process of selecting a Spray Deck color for our pool deck as well as our patio. I realize we need to select a lighter color for the pool deck so it won't get too hot in the summer (we live in Texas). I would like a darker color for our patio and am considering a stencil pattern for the patio as well. Any suggestions on color and if anyone has pics of their Spray Deck could you please post.

Comments (27)

• durango118
    11 years ago

Oh... would love to see photos also. I've just ordered my tile and the spray deck color is next. I'm in Vegas so heat definitely is an issue.
    Thanks in advance.

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What tile did you choose for your pool?

• womanowned
    11 years ago

What "Spray Deck" product is being used? I would say to definitely NOT select white. The lighter the color the less heat. Most of my customers select a light tan or cream color. Some do opt for a brownish color, which looks good too.

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are looking at colors from H&C Concrete Stain from Sherwin Williams. I definitely did not want white but I do want something a little darker. What color is in the picture?

• durango118
    11 years ago

It took me a couple of weeks but I finally decided on several....Bellagio, and a Bellagio Deco tile (every 5 ft) for the water line and a 6" row of glass trimming the spa, the spillway and also the stairs, OCN Doheny IS 12. I'm very happy with the choice after looking at a lot of tile. Let's hope I'm as happy once it's installed. I'll post photos.

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It my husband and I more than a couple of weeks to decide on the tile. Lol! There are way too many choices, and of course our final selection was an upgrade. We did however finally come to an agreement. As bad as I hate to admit we went with his tile choice. The pool was just completed and I snapped a pic of the fountain which we are very pleased with. I would like to see a pic of your tile.

• beaann
    11 years ago

We chose a medium tan and are very pleased with the color. I wanted to go a little darker but was afraid it would get to hot. We also live in Texas.

• beaann
    11 years ago

Sorry here is the close up of deck. Chose the wrong picture.

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your pool looks nice. Do you know what color your Spray Deck is?

• durango118
    11 years ago

Bennett2012 Love the blue tile ! Stunning !

• womanowned
    11 years ago

Bennett, the color in the photo I posted is from the Sherwin Williams stain collection you mentioned. It is called "Neutral Balance Tan". The application process of the spray deck is really the most important aspect of spray deck rather than the color. Durability is the key. I would suggest an epoxy underlayment on the concrete first (and wait 2 weeks for the new concrete to cure). Then the texture is sprayed on and knocked down followed by the color. Once it has all dried, apply a polyurethane sealant and stay off of it for 24 hours. This process, although more detailed and has more application steps, will allow your spray deck to stay clean and last longer. You can take a power washer to it and not damage the spray deck.

• suswelch
    11 years ago

We also live in TX. Dallas. We are torn between the Bone White and the Franciscan Tan. Is your tile Street Random by Mastertile? The application is beautiful. What color is your coping and plaster color choice? Sorry for all the questions. We have to bite the bullet and make choices today or tomorrow.

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

suswelch....Not sure if you were asking about my tile or not but thought I would answer your questions anyway. Our tile which is the blue tile is from Nobel Tile from the Rainforest Collection and the color is Lavender Blue. The stone on the columns is Stacked Stone and the color is Bark. We chose Quartzite as our coping and Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen for our plaster. We chose the Quartzite because it seems to hold up better with the salt water. Spoke with several people that said the Flagstone was flaking off in their pool. My husband and I did not want anything that was going to be high maintenance. I certainly understand how difficult the choices can be. I did not realize how many choices there were to building a pool! Here is a pic of our completed pool. The next and final step is the Spray Deck application. Will be happy to answer any more questions you may have. Good Luck with your pool!

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Well we went with the Rainforest Lavendar/blue as well. We are using white Austin stone for our raised beams and erosion wall behind. NOW my last big dilemma. I like the aqua blue plaster but don't know if it will clash with the tile. Does it look at all greenish against the tile. With just having white and blue tile if it is at all aqua green it will stand out. Aqua cool is what we were thinking to avoid this but like the blue. Eek. Thanks for pictures of the beautiful tile that helped us pick. My PB is so pleased with my choices so far.

• suswelch
    11 years ago

We are just North West of Flowermound, TX. Are you in Dallas?

• Bennett2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen has no green tint to it at all as you can see in the pic. Other people on the forum described it as the color of Windex and I totally agree. We are very pleased with the way the color turned out. I am excited that you chose the Rainforest Lavendar Blue! It is really pretty especially when the sun is shining on it. Good choice! No, we are not in Dallas, we are in Lufkin. We are so happy with our pool, just wished we could get in it but the water is a little cold to me. Our pool cabana is almost complete. Am excited about getting it finished and getting the Spray Deck completed then landscaping. Ready to relax for a while! Have you started your pool yet?

• SpeisFamily
    11 years ago

Ours, lighter than flagstone. We like it

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Yes, Bennett 2012 we are pouring our deck tomorrow morning and hoping to plaster Thurs. Wish I could figure out how to post pics. Wow pretty picture. I also want the diamond step markers. We found 2" tiles that are exactly the same color but have just a bit more gold, which, I thought would be good under water. Did the pebble deck guys set them? Are the flush with the plaster? Our PB does not want us to have them. He said they are not in style but from all the pictures I have looked at, they are coming back in since glass tiles are popular. What do you think? Thanks for the great picture.

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Trying pic

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Yes, Bennett 2012 we are pouring our deck tomorrow morning and hoping to plaster Thurs. Wish I could figure out how to post pics. Wow pretty picture. I also want the diamond step markers. We found 2" tiles that are exactly the same color but have just a bit more gold, which, I thought would be good under water. Did the pebble deck guys set them? Are the flush with the plaster? Our PB does not want us to have them. He said they are not in style but from all the pictures I have looked at, they are coming back in since glass tiles are popular. What do you think? Thanks for the great picture.

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Our deck will look like the above picture that SpeisFamily posted but in a bone white. We are going with the Stonescapes mini pebble, aqua cool color. We have a lot of white Austin stone and whit grout so we are going to play it safe and go with the lighter plaster with extra blue added. If you email me I can show pics. Suswelch@yahoo.com. You guys are brave to build your own. Knowing what I know now I maybe would have attempted it. If there is a next time......? I have a post on here aqua cool or aqua blue? There are some pictures of aqua cool that give a really good view of actual color. When I put the aqua white stonescapes color in the water of our neighbors pool it looked a little more aqua than blue. I don't know how close pebble tech and stonescapes colors are? Let me know what you think. Thanks. Your pool is beautiful. When are you decking?

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Oh, and our table top will be our tile as well.

• Lil B
    10 years ago

How long is the spraydeck supposed to last? One PB told us you have to re-do every 10 years? We are in DFW, TX.

• L M
    4 years ago

Anybody have any updates on how their spray deck has fared? We’re having ours done this week and we’d like to have appropriate expectations for it.

• HU-189739845
    3 years ago

Would love to see your after pictures! We will do our deck soon, and for some strange reason I like the silver color. We are based in Dallas and our deck looks just horrible right now. We are not from this area, seeing so much tan and orange colors is overwhelming because of the amount of brick people use in this area. Seeing your colors may inspire me and embrace the tan options!

• Angel Martin
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Had our spray deck for five years it was ivory we live on the lake in SC and the deck was impossible to keep clean hate the ivory they are coming tomorrow to redo the deck with a mixture of gunmetal and nickel probably be a little dark but hoping I can keep it cleaner and it will match our stone sidewalk and firepit.....nervous but can't be worse than ivory!