Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Condensation Water from HVAC to Fill Pool

Posted by auggie1020 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 12:46

Hi All:

Does anyone see a problem with collection the condensation from the HVAC lines in a rain barrel type container and using that water to re-fill pool when it is low. My concern is that the chemical balance of this water might be off a bit, but was just wondering if anyone had a bit more knowledge about this. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Condensation Water from HVAC to Fill Pool

I would want to test that water before putting it in the pool. My main concern would be that it just wouldn't be nice clean water and may well collect a decent amount of dirt/dust along with it.

o

We fill our pool from our 1500gal underground cistern that collects all the rainwater from the roof. Yes, we get some dirt and stuff, but that's why we put in chemicals and have a filter and a vacuum.

o

Open up your evaporator coil in the attic sometime and wipe the inside floor base, it will have organic slime aka algae.
I would not recommend this manner of generating make up water.
On my pool I keep a 2" threaded cleanout plug in the female threads of my overfolw and trap rainwater. if it rains so much that the level attempts to touch the morter base of my coping I release about a half an inch and keep the extra 2 1/2" over my normal water level of an unplugged overflow grate.

C9, I like your idea for regular sized pools.
Mine is to large, I don't think 1500k would even raise my level a quarter inch.

See ya,
Kelly

o

I have been draining my AC condensation into my Koi pond for many years. It does a great job keeping it filled and the quality of the water is fine. You should clean the pan once a year by wiping with bleach and letting bleach run down the drain pipe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here