Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I get rid of acorns in the pool?

Posted by helou (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 12:18

This year one of our oak trees reached a "critical" height, and we suddenly have acorns, loads of them falling into our pool just about every day. I don't think the aquabot would be able to suck them up, and even if it did, it would fill up right away after picking up just a small amount.

Any suggestions (we'll definitely be getting that tree trimmed!) besides daily scooping with a net? My husband and I both work and adding this to our daily routine is just too much, but I don't want to be stuck with stains.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I get rid of acorns in the pool?

We have the same problem with pears falling in our pool. That tree will be going bye-bye whenever we can afford to have it removed. Pears are big enough to scoop with our Leaf Rake (we like this so much more than a skimmer, I cannot even tell you). The best leaf rakes have a scooped piece of plastic around the trim that helps scoop along the pool, and you can use that to get your acorns.

Or you might get a Big Sucker Leaf Vacuum - I got one at my pool store and I think it's a common item. It's only about $20-30 or so and right in our budget. You hook it up to your hose and it has excellent suction and a large wide mouth that could easily get acorns I think. Also works great when we did our spring opening (we don't have a cover so had a brown swamp) or when you have a large volume of leaves.

o

Thanks. We alredy have a leaf bagger (venturi?) so we'll give that a shot.

o

Chainsaw or a pack of squirrels.

Your choice.

=)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here