Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof3littleboys

Pool Complete for 3 Excited Little Swimmers

momof3littleboys
15 years ago

Our pool is complete and we are in the home stretch for the area surrounding the pool. We have had water since August 10th and our landscaping was completed last week. We still need to have the counters installed on the outdoor kitchen, the caps installed in the firepit, and the last pieces of fence installed. We are also in the process of having our deck stained so right now all of our deck furniture is on the patio outside the pool fence. I tried to keep that out of the pics but you can see it in a few.

For those of you who read the posts from our build, you know we had a rocky start. Fortunately, things went very well in the end. I want to thank you for your support and encouragement. I also want to thank everyone who posts for your great ideas and pictures. It really helped us along the way.

Here are a bunch of pics. If you are interested, there are more in my photobucket account. I included that link below.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6183.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6187.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6188.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6191.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6194.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6195.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6199.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6204.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/perrya/Pool%20Complete/DSC_6206.jpg[/IMG]

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Complete Pics

Comments (23)

• momof3littleboys
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops.. Sorry!

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Love it, you did a great job with choosing everything. Looks like a park setting with the trees. I miss trees and never realized it until seeing the different pools. I only have palms.

• krisfl
    15 years ago

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

• mommyniki
    15 years ago

That is gorgeous! I'm glad you got it all finished.

What is the interior of your pool?

• tresw
    15 years ago

Wow, it looks really fantastic! Congrats on getting it all done, sorry you had to go through some headaches to get there. Have you been able to swim or is it too cold there?

• momof3littleboys
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it.

dd50, How ironic! I wish I could have a palm tree! I guess you always want what you can't/don't have.

mommyniki, The interior finish is Pebble sheen Ocean Blue. We used Pebble sheen Desert Gold on the sunshelf.

krisfl, Your pool was one of the major reasons we did 2 colors. I love the way yours looks. We almost did prism blue and then they would have really looked the same. I was torn between the Prism Blue and Ocean Blue but my husband really wanted to go darker so we went with Ocean Blue. When the pebble sheen crew was here doing the acid wash I asked the head guy his favorite color. He said Prism Blue. Of all the colors he could have said. I had to laugh. Fortunately, the ocean blue looks very nice.

tresw, We can still swim. We had some days in August that were only in the 70's and the nights have been cooler but for most part we still have good swim weather. We are hoping to be able to use it at least through September. It has actually been pretty hot here the last week and we really need rain. My pool water is up to 87 today without the heater on. We haven't had a good rain in weeks. I have been spending so much time moving sprinklers around trying to keep the new sod and plants alive and trying to grow some new grass. My poor well! I am sure this is very typical complaint for those of you in other parts of the country. At least it is not 100 degrees here.

• krisfl
    15 years ago

I'm glad my pictures inspired you...I got my inspiration from this forum as well! Next pool we will have more land and more freedom in our design and I'm saving your pictures for inspiration! :)

• thejimbar
    15 years ago

Sweet!! Congrats! Well Done! Glad it all worked out for you and you got in some pool time this summer.

• partypond
    15 years ago

WOW! Your pool (well your whole yard actually) looks amazing. Your design is really close to what we are wanting. Could you please tell me the dimensions of each leg of your pool (shallow and deep)?? I would like to see if it is the same as our design. Thanks and enjoy!!

• landmark218
    15 years ago

Your backyard is beautiful. The pool was a great addition. I am happy for you that your saga had a happy ending.

• momofthreeboys
    15 years ago

That looks like a RESORT!! I am very happy for you. It is incredible.

• sdkath
    15 years ago

Wow! Thanks for posting. I was dying to see the final pictures. It all turned out gorgeous. Congratulations!!! It must feel sooo good to be done with such a lovely result. :) Katherine

• marylandpoolseeker
    15 years ago

Your pictures, your pool, your yard...it is is all absolutely amazing. Seeing the photos of the construction process and then immediately seeing the transformation is like...WOW! Sounds like the process may not have been so beautiful but I am sure you are now saying that it was well worth it. You must be excited as well!

What state are you in?

• dgmarie
    15 years ago

Gorgeous!

I am going to be completely brazen and ask how much that beautiful pool cost you....

• marylandpoolseeker
    15 years ago

dgmarie...LOL!

Momof3's whole outdoor living space is beautiful.

Momof3, is your pool equipment hiding in the pool house? (Sorry if I missed an earlier answer to this.)

• momof3littleboys
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much! We are very happy with how it came out. Our outdoor kitchen and firepit are done now but I keep forgetting to take some pics. We used the same stone so they match the pool really well. We even used the stacked stone to cover the foundation of the cabana. It was a nice finishing touch that the hardscaper recommended.

We are located in NJ. Our temps have dropped a lot, especially at night. Our water temp is in the very low 70's now but we are still using the pool a bit. When my kids want to go in I just heat up the spa and they hang out in there and then jump into and out of the pool. It is really nice to sit around the pool right now. Our landscaping has really bloomed over the last month so the pool area looks really nice.

dgmarie... LOL! The price of the project was painful. We definitely spent more than we should have but the finished product makes that easier to accept. We started wanting a simple pool and ended up getting sucked in by this design. We paid more for the pool than I originally wanted to pay for the whole project. I still can't believe that. Our original pool contract was $85K. That was for the pool and spa with the stacked stone wall. All the hardscaping, landscaping, etc. was up and above that. Unfortunately, we went a little overbudget on the pool because we parted ways with our pool builder and overpaid him for the work he did. (That is a long story. There is an old discussion on this forum that explains what happened.) We upgraded some items after we were free of the PB i.e. doing the 2 PebbleSheen colors instead of Hydrazzo, added the rocks to the sunshelf, made some changes to our automation system setup.

Our pool equipment is behind the pool house. If you look at the pictures above you will see some the equipment in the picture that shows the steps in the stone wall. Our equipment pad is pretty big but the pool house hides it well.

Again, thanks for all the kind words. It really means a lot. This forum has been such a great source of inspiration and support for us.

• njfolks
    15 years ago

Hey Mom3--

Congratulations!!! I have been away from this board for a long time and it seems even longer now that I see what you have accomplished with your time. You're a pro! Really, you should be quite proud of your accomplishment as well as the pool itself. I would love to see it. Getting ready to "re-group" now that school is back in session. I bet you are loving these global-warming-September-days here in NJ, although we are keep getting the remnants of these hurricanes we really can't complain.

All the best.

• moocat
    15 years ago

Wow !! I absolutley love it !! The pebble really makes a difference too... Looks like a natural lake... and the stacked stone is soo nice ! Love the color !!! I hope you were able to enjoy a good couple weeks!

I haven't been lurking in a while but came on to get an idea of what everyone is paying for a closing....We have our appt. to close on the 16th of Oct.... Good luck !!

• momof3littleboys
    Original Author
    15 years ago

njfolks,

Thank you! If you do want to see it in person, you are welcome to come down and take a look. I actually wish that this September had been warmer. The nights are cool so the water temp has dropped quite a bit. On some of the warmer days I have heated up the spa for the boys and they went in that and quickly jumped in and out of the big pool. At this point, it would cost too much to get the pool back up into the 80's for them and it wouldn't stay that way for long since some nights have been in the 40's.

Moocat, Thanks! We are happy with the pebble so far. We did have some time to enjoy it before it cooled off. I am glad you asked the questions about closing. I had some questions that I put into your post.

Below are the pics of the outdoor kitchen and firepit. In our case, the outdoor kitchen is just a built-in grill and a bar. We didn't make it very big. We didn't include a refrigerator since we plan on putting one in the cabana. I know the pictures on here really helped me when I was figuring out what to do so I hope my pictures will help others to figure out what they do/don't want.

A view of the whole pool area

• marylandpoolseeker
    15 years ago

I just have to say it again...your pool build turned out wonderfully! Your outdoor living space is absolutely beautiful!

• momofthreeboys
    15 years ago

It is only February and I am SOOO excited to open the pool already. I was looking through this website as I had not checked it out in a while. Your pool look absolutely AMAZING!!! So beautiful, the yard, EVERYTHING! Congratulations. When will you open your pool this year?

• momof3littleboys
    Original Author
    15 years ago

momof3,

Thanks so much for the compliments!! This has been a long winter, hasn't it? We are really looking forward to when we can use the pool again. We were thinking about opening it in late April/Early May. How about you?

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

I usually wait till the 2nd r 3rd weekend in May. The oak trees drop pollen and the flowers that held the pollen fall off. The 50' oaks drop a lot of those stringy things I'm calling flowers. South Central NJ Region.