Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Deck Expansion Joint material???

Posted by kwurz05 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 10:51

HELP!!!

My concrete guy wants to use Reflex rubber expansion joint and the PB is saying that isn't a good idea....Anyone have rubber expansion joints??? or is this just crazy talk??

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Deck Expansion Joint material???

Expansion joints between a pool's concrete deck and its coping should be a self leveling latex caulk.

Scott

o

I'd contact the Reflex Rubber people and see if they think it's suitable. Make sure you let them know it's for the the joint between the coping and the concrete deck, not just for the deck itself.

o

For control joints to break up the expanse of a large slab pour, it's fine.

But as the others wrote, for a pool deck-to-coping joint, A self-leveling caulk is the better option. I use Vulkem 45, a self-leveling polyurethane sealant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here