Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Cut line to aquapure SWG!

Posted by marta_p (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 10:41

I was weeding and accidentally cut the line connecting my SWG to the control box. My service company isn't open. Can anyone suggest a temporary solution? Should I shut down the pool? Turn something off? Please advise. Thanks so much, Marta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Cut line to aquapure SWG!

Marta, there are 2 cables from the aqua pure cabinet to the salt cell. One is a black power cable with a thick flat plug at the end that mounts on 3 metal prongs on the cell itself, the other is a grey flat cable for the sensor used to check salinity and temp.

If you cut either of these, you need to shut down the SWG system until the pool guy can look at it.

My pool has the option to turn off the Aquapure system and just run the pump. If you have that option you can do so.

If you have a PDA it is under menu, then you will see Aquapure, set it to zero. Remember you will only see the Aquapure option under Menu if the pump is running.

If not, just turn the whole setup off.

o
RE: Help! Cut line to aquapure SWG!

thanks goyom! It was the grey flat cable. I set the pda to 0% and tried to turn the system off, not sure if it worked completely, but it said "cell reversing" when I left for work. Can you tell me how I will know if I can turn off the aquapure w/o turning off the pump? I called the service company and am waiting to hear back. thanks again, Marta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here