Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murrywoods

U.S. Paverscape

murrywoods
10 years ago

Choosing pavers for area around new fiberglass pool. Has anyone used U.S. Paverscape? Really think I want to go with travertine pavers. We will have a salt water pool. What are the differences between tumbled or not in the travertine? Any recommedations for installers in Mytrle Beach S.C. area.

Comments (6)

• loves2read
    10 years ago

If you have salt water you need to make sure the salt in the water will not damage the pavers over time...
    lots of comments about people who moved from chlorine pool system to salt water and discovered the salt damaged the original pool elements...

• pbdb
    10 years ago

We used Flagstone Pavers in the Heritage collection put down in a random pattern (white, tan and charcoal blend). Looks like a very high quality product. I believe the company is in Tampa, Florida. Our pool is a salt water pool but has not started up yet. About two weeks away. The end is in sight.

• murrywoods
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you pbdb. It's sound very very nice. Could you send a picture?

• loves2read
    10 years ago

We also went with Flagstone pavers for changing out our original concrete driveway (in 70s home) and covering the original concrete patio/lanai surface...
    The driveway pavers came in thicker depth and thinner because we also covered the concrete front porch...the patio used 1.5 inch remodel pavers...
    The pavers were not the problem--I think they are best quality pavers on the market probably...much heavier than many other there in the thinner style...
    our problem came from the company we used...
    Email me if you want some other info about Flagstone...

Our install company talked a good game but did a horrible job and the way they did the install will cause us problems unless we can find a way to remedy it...
    I would urge you so strongly to actually visit jobs that any company you want to use have installed...not just look at pictures they show you...

We like our pavers--had the white/more expensive base for both styles--and most of the time even in the summer they are not too hot to walk on with bare feet...
    On our lanai my husband wanted the 3x6 basic brick style in herringbone pattern--classic look but lots of seams which trap dirt and make sweeping a hassle...we had some narrow pathways around the pool that make a larger format paver not really a good choice...

I would suggest if you can to use the largest size pavers to cut down on any seams...and make sure you check on how they sand the pavers...
    we have low spot on our patio that should have had MORE sand below to raise level of pavers and make water runoff to the drain better
    AND they did horrible job of sanding betwen the paver seams on lanai...
    This wasn't problem with the driveway pavers--have no idea why since same crew did both jobs...
    IF they don't do even sanding between pavers you have gaps that trap dirt/debris/water and cause very ugly look to the pavers...
    We had the crew come back and totally resand the lanai but they did it when we were not there to supervise and so did another sloppy job
    My husband was tired of arguing with the company--the owner never showed up to check the job or the redo--
    SO Flagstone I would definitely support just check they are ok with salt water--we have traditional chlorine system in FL...
    AND pick your install company very closely...

Here is a link that might be useful: [photo of pavers on lanai[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/pavers-on-lanai-patio-bad-smell-after-rainhelp-dsvw-vd~679089)

• murrywoods
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for all the information loves2read. I will now go look at actually work of which ever companies we are considering.

• loves2read
    10 years ago

I know that sounds like lot of time to go to different locations but frankly I think we would have had much better idea of what we were getting when we chose our pavers and pattern...plus the install quality...
    Looking at the pavers we choose in the showroom we didn't really see the sharp edge of our 3x6 pavers...it is VERY sharp...I even cut my finger running it along the edge of some pavers when I was checking the sanding job...that is sharp...
    They don't give that impression when walking on them barefooted which is blessing...but the driveway pavers are different style and don't have that sharp edge...
    Patriot pavers in T pattern in the pewter/peach/tan was what we used for driveway--I think w/o checking our order info--
    that came in thick and thin pavers for both parts of the install...

and the Freedom 4x8--not 3x6--in herringbone 90 degree in cream/tbeige for our patio...this has a chamfered/sharp edge...and having that little bit of edge (if there is not even/full sanding) will trap stuff from running off evenly...

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz