Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safe to Use? 3/4"x3/4" glass tile as step markers

Posted by karen4235 (karen423568@gmail.com) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 4:20

Hi,

I have a 16 cabo bench with 3 steps going down. My question is can I use 3/4"x3/4", 1/8" thick mini glass tiles using 3 strands of glass tiles on each step on the steps? The sizes of the tiles worries me as I'm thinking they don't have much surface area for the mortar to grab and mights fall out in a few years?

Anyone have these mini tiles or have installed them before? Just looking for either a PB or a pool owner to confirm that it's okay to use.

I do have a backup step tile that I can use but it isn't as pretty (1"x2") glass tiles. So I'm hoping someone can confirm it's safe to use the 3/4x3/4" glass tiles.

thanx!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safe to Use? 3/4"x3/4" glass tile as step markers

We just had our pool built this year and put glass tile on all our steps. We have 4 glass tiles set in a diamond every 8 inches. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Good luck!

o

Hi Gtofan,

Do u have a picture? I would love to see it!

o

I'd love to see a picture also !

o

Check out lightstreamsglasstile.com. They have some absolutely gorgeous markers and glass accent tile. I wanted to use them but could not get them in time as I was nearly finished with pool build.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here