Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool install in San Diego

Posted by runswithweim (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 0:10

We have decided to install a pool and spa and are interviewing pool contractors. I have been researching and reading the various posts, lots of good information. Wondering if anyone has had a pool/spa installed recently in San Diego and has any pool builder recommendations?

Also I have lots of questions, any info from folks that have installed pools would be greatly appreciated!

Varrious pebble surfaces pebbletec, vs wet edge vs stonescapes?

Heater 333,000 BTU or upgrade to 400,000?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool install in San Diego

Not recent, but Mission Pools in Escondido did ours 20 years ago and it's still in perfect shape. It's the only home project we ever did that went off without a hitch and this was a big project. I think they've been in business since the 1960's and hopefully their quality remains.

o

We live in San Diego and our pool installation should be done by the end of this month (I hope so).
Did you already start your pool installation?
Do you still have questions?

o

Kjsalga do you mind telling me what pool contractor you went with and are you happy with them? We are almost ready to sign the contract and I am nervous!

We are planning ~16x35 feet with a raised spa(coated in quartzite), quartzite coping, baja entry (covered with quartzite), tan colored concrete decking, Raised far end with sheer descent (water feature) and raised bond beam between one side of pool and fence so I can plant behind it.

I think I have decided to go with the white plaster with the quartzite on the Baja deck (I can still upgrade to pebble if I change my mind).

-shotcrete pool
-pentair equipment:4x60 multi speed pump, 60 quad filter, 400,000BTU heater, salt generator
-2lights, 1 in pool and 1 in spa (not LED)

Anything else I should consider?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here