Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alishfran

Need Help with Pool Remodel

alishfran
12 years ago

Hello -- I am new to this forum and have some questions as we get started on our pool remodel.

Our inground, gunite pool was built in approximately 1987 and I don't think it has been replastered. We've replaced the filter and pump and the tile as well as reset the coping. We are located in Northern VA.

We need to replace several retaining walls behind our pool and in the process of designing the landscape plan have decided to replace our cracked, stained concrete.

Questions:

I am getting conflicting advice regarding the pool deck. One PB wants to jackhammer out the existing concrete and replace with new concrete. One PB has suggested we put travertine over the existing concrete. Does anyone have any experience/ comments about putting travertine over the existing concrete as I like the look of travertine.

Second, we just replaced the tile a few years ago, so I'm irritated that my PB is telling me I have to replace them again if I resurface (wish he'd told me this the first time around). Can we replaster the pool without having to redo the tile?

I welcome any comments regarding experiences related to pool remodels.

Comment (1)