Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jacuzzi J-210

Posted by sami46 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 20:43

Hello
after many renovations to our 1800s cape in Central Mass we are going to put a hot tub/spa into the gazebo attached to the deck..we want something small 4 person & fairly easy to move since the plan is to stay here only a few more years.
We are almost decided on the Jacuzzi J-210, it fits easily into the gazebo & our budget, seems to have the features we want,
So anyone have one or have any wisdom to share on the subject?
TY
Sami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jacuzzi J-210

There are many good tubs out there. Jacuzzi isn't one of them. They used to be many years ago and may be again but they have changed hands so many times...

Hot Springs, LA Spas, and Nordic are worthy. That is by no means a complete list.

Avoid tubs sold by Home Depot, Lowes, etc... They can't support you.

Avoid tubs with 120V. They can't run on high speed and heat at the same time. It would draw too much current.

Scott

o

While we are on this topic, I have a couple of questions:

1) How about the "Evolution Spas" at Costco? I am assuming Costco falls into the "Home Depot/Lowes" bucket, but the reviews of these things on Costco look like people love them

2) We are fencing in the pool (on its own). We wanted to install a spa next to the house (outside of the fence). I know all states/towns have different regulations, but I was hoping the cover would have a lock or something so I could have it where I want.

Thanks!

o

Costco is really good about getting the MFR's to warranty them, but dont expect to have someone out there the next day.

o

The real spa forum is not this one (sorry iVillage!)

Try: http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/ for much more traffic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here