Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktm250sx_gw

Pool Build Magnolia, TX

ktm250sx
9 years ago

Our pool is almost complete, waiting on the four fire/water bowls to be installed. Hopefully they'll be installed tomorrow. It's about 40X18 of swimming area plus the shelf and spa. Travertine coping and decking, Wetedge Technologies Satin Matrix Northshore Caribbean plaster, all Jandy equipment with iAqualink installed. I heard some negative comments on the iAqualink but ours seems to work great via the iPhone. We did a total of 9 Jandy nicheless LED lights. 7 in the pool, one on the shelf, and one in the spa. The night photo isn't very good and it was when it was first filled with water but the coverage is very good, I'll post some more photos after the bowls are installed.

I think the color is getting close to being where it's supposed to be but only have photos online to go by as we've not seen any other Northshore Caribbean in person. It's rained almost every afternoon and then they added sand to the deck to fill in the spaces and some of that got in the pool but it's looking better today.

Last couple of photos represent the best water color for the Northshore Caribbean I think. It looks much more representative of the photos on the Wetedge Technologies website for the Northshore Caribbean. Water was looking great then we turned the bowls on got the water cloudy again from the water that had been sitting in the pipes.

Added a few photos that were taken one month after pool was filled and some landscaping is done for now. My wife and I did the landscaping and spent less than $500 by buying it 70% off. Small stuff but bought it at a reasonable price. Italian cypress, knockout roses, one queen palm and something else I have no idea how to spell. Loving the Northshore Caribbean Satin Matrix by Wetedge Technologies.

{{gwi:2050936}}

.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_7497.jpg"/>

This post was edited by ktm250sx on Tue, Sep 2, 14 at 20:02

Comments (6)

• twolabs
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Awesome pool! Great design and I LOVE the LED lights, man that is a show stopper. Also love the Travertine deck. We wanted to go with travertine, but are spending so much on the rest of the pool and backyard, that we figured we could really save some money by going with a less expensive option. Plus our soil here is so awful, our PB said it would heave and shift a lot.

Great job on the design!

• ktm250sx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, we are thrilled with the pool. Fire/water bowls installed today and the plumber will hook up the gas line tomorrow and fill the bowls up with the lava rock. Can't wait to light them up at night and see how they look. Two 75 pound bags of lava rock each which sounds like too much to me but it's what the manufacturer of the bowls said would be needed.

We love the deck and initially was doing stamped concrete but changed our minds. Our design started out as a free form design with moss rock like our previous pool then my wife and I decided to do something totally different. We looked at hundreds, if not thousands, of photos and came up with a basic design that we wanted and then went from there. The one thing we didn't do which seems very popular was install a variable speed pump. Guy that built my pool isn't a big fan of them and I decided to go with a regular pump. My previous experience with pool pumps wasn't that great so I couldn't see that it would ever pay for itself. I'm probably wrong but figured I could always add it later if I changed my mind.

What surprised me today is how quiet the 4 bowls are. The water comes out of the spout but gets really narrow by the time it hits the pool water and hardly make any splash or sound. May be normal but I was expecting them to be much louder.

This post was edited by ktm250sx on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 22:50

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    9 years ago

Your pool is beautiful. You picked a really nice design.

It's so hard to wait for it all to be done. We had fire bowls at our last pool (on the golf course) and they look so amazing at night. We got lots of compliments.

Our new pool came with this home, so our night fire comes from DIY wine bottle tiki torches here and there. Not as good, but it works here. We traded an infinity pool with fire bowls on the golf course for a grotto pool with a city light view.

Just can't have it all!

• kands
    9 years ago

That looks really nice. You've got me thinking about adding some more LED's!

• ktm250sx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, we used the Jandy low voltage lights so it definitely takes way more of them. Last pool we had two of the normal size LED lights in the pool and it looked great but it was a smaller pool also. We had a couple of pool builders that liked the low voltage lights so thought we'd try them. The best part about them is you can spread the light out evenly. I just hope they are reliable.

• ktm250sx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, we used the Jandy low voltage lights so it definitely takes way more of them. Last pool we had two of the normal size LED lights in the pool and it looked great but it was a smaller pool also. We had a couple of pool builders that liked the low voltage lights so thought we'd try them. The best part about them is you can spread the light out evenly. I just hope they are reliable.