Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool on the north side of your house?

Posted by mimi72 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 20:34

Of course, most pools need to go in the backyard, and our backyard happens to face north. North sides are known to be shadowy and the least inviting side of a building, as opposed to south (the best side for all day good sun), east (good morning sun), and west (intense afternoon sun). We are in the midwest, if that makes a difference; perhaps this isn't a big deal in AZ etc.

Does anyone have a pool on the north side of their house? Is it something you considered before the pool build? Is the area appealing? Any regrets? How close is the pool to your house? Photos?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool on the north side of your house?

Prevailing wind is a consideration. By the sheerest luck our pool is oriented E-W with deep end and inlets to the W. Since our wind comes from the SW it blows flotsam toward the skimmer outlet in the NE corner

Though lest it makes any diff, we're situated in the Mojave Desert

o

My pool is on the north side of my home. It was dictated because my front door faces south. I love my pool location. We're on a heavily wooded piece of property thats pretty large. I get the best midday sun every day and enjoy early morning and late afternoon shade.

See ya,
Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: link to my pool

o

I haven't had time to check in for a few days. Thanks to dalehileman and huskyridor for your thoughts. Our backyard faces north (obviously), so there's not much choice as to where the pool will go. I was just wondering if anyone had a problem with excessive shading or poor sun. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here