Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quartz finishes

Posted by hockyruls (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 20:15

I'm looking for opinions on quartz finishes...Diamond Brite vs. Colorscapes Quartz (60%). Not sure what the difference is between the two and the advantages/disadvantages of using either one. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quartz finishes

Diamond Brite is an SGM brand product. Colorscapes, if I recall is a Beadcrete product.

Diamond Brite is a "just add water" product.

When adding things, mixing times and batch numbers become all the more important or color differences can occur.

With DB, the only thing added is water and that is presumed to be the same water throughout. The mixture of cement and aggregate is preset and optimized.

The water can vary in it's amount used on each batch with either product.

Scott

o

Thanks, Scott. Do you know which product actually contains more quartz?

o

No idea.

Scott

o

Thanks, Scott. Can't seem to find that info online anywhere.

BTW, congrats on the remission news. Fingers crossed that you continue to enjoy good health!

o

Diamond Brite offers a much more consistent finish than Quartzscapes, because it is premixed. Colorscapes is mixed onsite, which can cause less than a consistent finish depending on the mix.

o

i had quartzscapes installed last year in tier 1 color "blue". it's really mostly white with blue and black quartz mixed in. they mixed it onsite and i'v very happy with it.

when deciding on pool finishes i noticed my pb charged extra for the premixed quartz finishes like biamondbrite and luna quartz. my pb charged $1200 for upgrade to quartzscapes tier 1 color, around $2500 for db or luna quartz, and $3500 for pebble.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here