Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinyl liner coping question

Posted by nylsor107 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 20:08

Greetings All! I would appreciate some advice on vinyl liner pool coping. Is it possible and/or advisable to use precast concrete or stone on a vinyl lined pool?

Many thanks,

Roz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinyl liner coping question

Hi Roz, one of the factors contributing to our choice to get a vinyl liner pool was the fact that we could indeed have vinyl with cantilevered coping, which enables you to have concrete, as opposed to the standard coping for vinyl liner pools. Below are some pics.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hi Zuggy333-

This is just magnificent! Thank you for responding.

Roz

o

Pre-cast and stone needs a bed poured around a liner pool. A canterlevered edge such as zuggy's is my favorite concrete deck edge for any pool.

Scott

o

Thanks, Scott! I was hoping that you would weigh in on this topic. I have learned so much from reading your posts.

Roz

o

I really like the edge on your pool compared to my friend's edging on his vinyl pool. If you don't mind, do you know what that upgrade cost? I also like the fountains.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here