Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jskeyes2_gw

Solar, In Floor Cleaning, and VS Pump

jskeyes2
11 years ago

Hello,

We are currently getting bids on a new in-ground pool. Free heat is important to me (as well and energy efficiency) so I believe we are going to go with Solar. Our salesperson at California Pools in San Diego indicated that using in floor cleaning, plus wanting to run water through solar is going to remove the benefits of a variable speed pump as you'll want to run fast for solar to get the heat in, and the in floor requires the high speed.

Anyone have thoughts on this? My assumption is that the in floor cleaning does not need to run at top speed all the time, and as far as solar, will running the pump at top speed allow the water to heat in the pannels adequately before going back in the pool, or is running at the lower speed sufficient to get enough heat gain? I am not sure if there is a pressure issue either in getting it up to the roof (meaning you have to run the pump at the higher speed just to get it up there).

Any feedback on how well folks like their solar heating system would be appreciated too.

We live in Carlsbad, CA.

Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz