Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadee4_gw

Advice on pool dig dirt

chickadee4
10 years ago

I finally have succumbed to the constant pool issues.
I do have a significant other who prefers just to right the check and chime in when he doesn't like my decisions.
I am overwhelmed .
I have handled the entire pool build from design to equipment selection to acting as a foreman since there was none.
I had no idea to ask who would be supervising all the crews. I assumed the pool company would handle the electrician, plumber and construction crews.
I am stumped in how to handle relocating the pool dig dirt.
When we excavated I had asked the town if an area on my property was deemed acceptable to leave the pool dig. The town official approved the location. I had chosen an area accessible to the tri axle truck and would not impede on wildlife or vegetation.
A few weeks after the dig I was told that I must remove the dirt since I placed it in conservation land.
I have not disclosed the town official who granted me permission cause I feel he does not need to be berated for the mistake. I also recognize that I should have asked the conservation group but just never gave it a consideration. ( Besides doing the pool construction the built in refrig failed, I replaced 24 windows and the dryer died. THe central ac's condenser failed this past weekend. I am exhausted).
I have about 10 to 15 loads of huge rocks and dirt to relocate.
There is a local group that will take the load at my cost to cover an exposed pile of broken cement.
I met with the excavation crew earlier today and see two problems .
The dirt that I have is more rocks than soil so it will not be the best material to cover this exposed cement.
I don't think moving the dirt is the best interest of the camp who wants the free "fill". THey did see what I have and have no issues with it.
I have been quoted 2500 dollars to move 10 tri axle loads a distance of four miles. I was told this will take all day thus why a high price.
250 dollars a load to move the dirt 4 miles is fair or should I continue to call excavators?
I have been calling excavators for the last 8 weeks to get this fixed. No one wants the job.
I thought 1600 to 1800 dollars would be the cost.
All my deliveries from a local sand and gravel yard charges 110 for the haul fee with their travel distance being about 25 miles.
Would you accept this price or call more excavators?
I normally can handle stress but I am just overwhelmed with the responsibility.